Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

Rough last few days, and I don't quite yet feel like the storm is over yet. In fact, it seems as if this is only the calm just before the real thunder, lightning and flying cows begin to invade. When it settles, I fully expect not to be in Kansas anymore. (And since I never was in the first place, this is an ambition I can, for once, satisfy! Huzzah for setting your self-standards impossibly low!)

This might just be the prevailing fear of all the "new" things I've recently plunged into; and when I say plunged, I absolutely mean diving headfirst into the unknown without so much as a second-guess. It feels new, exciting and, most surprisingly, terrifying. This is the same boy who thinks of everything as a chance to escape the normal monotony of day-to-day life, and yet here I am! I suppose it's merely because for once, I'm not invincible. The cleverness of me and my indestructible ego can do me no good here. What to do? Things are complicated, but I'm enjoying it. Curious. It seems the heart has temporarily beaten out the brain in this epic struggle.

In the words of another, "I've found a box of sharp objects, what a beautiful thing."

I feel like I owe this blog an actual rant, or rather, something of worth rather than my vague prattlings about a life you can only ever catch in glimpses. I promise, to that extent, that several are on the way. I apologize for the lack of anything interesting! Soon, soon, and more frequent. I've gained back my serpent's tongue!

Stay tuned, loves.

1 comment:

cassper said...

*staying tuned* :)