Monday, February 2, 2009

They Think I Might Be A Queen!

I told myself a thousand times that I would try and get some sleep tonight. It doesn't seem to be working. Worse, I'm starting to get the mother of all headaches. Watching the Steelers take the Superbowl at Adam's while destroying my body with more chicken wings, nachos and chili than it was even meant to consume was good times, as always.

I've got two papers to write for Wednesday and one for Friday, not to mention a test thursday afternoon on material I haven't even bothered to read yet. Can you say fallen desperately behind?

Spring needs to get here and quick.

So, I have a question to ask of anyone that reads this. Do I act or seem gay to you? I don't care one way or another, it won't change anything at all, but it's something that's been getting thrown in my direction lately. Nothing against anyone who is, but what the fuck? I mean, granted it has never come from anyone who actually knows me, not until today at least, but it's really strange. I can't think of anything I do that would give that impression, but lately I've apparently just been giving off that vibe? I get asked by the other people in my classes, friends of friends, my brother's friends, and now even my own father!

Awkward story time:
I got home from watching the football game and my Dad was watching some of the post-game coverage on the couch in the living room. He says hi, asks me to sit down and brings up some of the junk going on with my brother at the moment. I'm thinkin' nothing of any of this until he just outright asks me "So...are you gay?"

At first, I thought he was joking and the surprise of it made me burst out laughing. Then he gave me the "I mean it" look and my head filled with a million and one questions, though mainly "how in the fuck?" over and over again. His basis for wanting to know is simply because while I seem to have many friends who are girls, I haven't actually "dated" anyone in years, and in his words, "what with your pants always so tight and your hitler hair-cut (he's apparently been listening to radiohead), I can't tell anymore." I tried to reassure him, but I think he remains unconvinced.

It's kind of hilarious, but it's not a joke I want to last very long.

Oh well, at least I have my guilty pleasure in Gossip Girl to look forward to tonight. Good times.

3 comments:

christina d said...

omg we had this exact conversation awhile ago...about how everyone thinks everyone is gay now. HAHAH what the hell

ps: i don't think you're gay.

Melissa said...

ps. neither do i

and YESSSS gossip girl.

Kricket said...

I don't think you are, and you don't really give off that vibe to me. :)