Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Could Swear I Heard You Say...

The 9th went by without a single thought. Old scars seem to be nothing more than marks on skin and I can say, after all these years, the weight of it is almost gone completely. In fact, none of it had even occurred to me until just now, as I wrote the day for an essay I had only just finished and realized what it signified.

Old news, isn't it? Sure, but I wasn't quite so thick-skinned then. Have I grown? I can only hope. This isn't to say that I've forgotten, just that I don't have to carry it around on my shoulders anymore. I used to wonder if you'd catch the day and if it meant the same to you, but I've come to accept that other ghosts will haunt you, not mine. There was a time where I would have said that you are my only ghost, but I don't quite feel so haunted anymore.

This song has always meant a lot to me for all the memories I've associated to it, but now that I've finally lived the words, it takes on a whole new depth. It has been on loop for the last half-hour.


The End of an Era - Hopesfall

All this to say it all goes on!


p.s. Sorry, I know this is cryptic as hell and I don't expect anyone to understand what I'm talking about. That's fine.

1 comment:

Simonne said...

My god, I used to listen to that song on repeat for hours.