Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I hate winter.

Today has been, by a large margin, the worst day I've experienced in a long, long time. Waking up to snow coming down as if the sky was falling was certainly not a great start. Now, there's a bus that passes near me at 8:48. I was there at 8:43. The bus, on the other hand, only decided to show up at 9:52. Not only was it over an hour late, but it made me insanely late for my 10:15 class.

Now, after said class, I was walking from the FG building towards the Library building so that I could pick up some books from the store. This, dear readers, is where tragedy struck. The strap for my bag snapped and as I frantically reached for it to stop the fall, the rest of the bag tore. This resulted in my laptop and books to fall into the snow. Needless to say, panic ensued. Now, I never panic. You'd be hard-pressed to even find me worried these days, but when a laptop that costs the same as two year's tuition falls into snow and slush, you freak the fuck out.

I threw what I could into my pockets, grabbed what I can and made a mad-dash for the bathroom, where I stuck my belongings under the hand-drier and hoped for the best. Thankfully, save from some soggy textbooks, everything is fine. I was rather annoyed to have to dish out another 40$ for a new bag, but that's life.

I hate winter. I really, really, really hate winter. A lot. (yes, that is two words, kids. Start getting that right.)


On the bright side of things, I've got several ideas for things I want to do with this blog to help me feel encouraged to write here more often and to be more productive in general. You'll all be seeing soon enough, I imagine.

Also, you fellow Concordia students need to hook me up with your schedules, since I have 4 hour breaks left and right damn near every day. I could use some buddy-time!

2 comments:

christina d said...

MONDAY : 2:45 - 5:45
TUESDAY: 6 - 8:15
WEDNESDAY: OFF
THURSDAY: 8:45 -11:30 (3 hour break) 2:45 -5:30
FRIDAY: OFF

get at me with your schedule.

ps: if you thought today was the worst day of your life, tomorrow is going to top that (unless you don't have school). i'm dreading going to in tomorrow morning. and i'm praying that this teacher will find it in him to cancel the 8:45 class. LIKE REALLY. I CAN'T DEAL!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you had such a terrible day but i'm glad everything is in working order. and I hate winter as well, i can't wait until the spring!
oh, and...

Tuesday: 11:45-5:30
Thursday: 2:45-8:15