Saturday, December 6, 2008

We're Going To Die Like This You Know.

I've been listening to nothing but Taking Back Sunday for the last 48 hours on loop. It started at Foufs Thursday night when they randomly broke the pace of the evening by playing Cute Without the E, which needless to say, sent most of us into a drunken singing frenzy that lasted the entire way home.

I think I love it more now than I ever did, just because now I can appreciate both the brilliance and innocence of the songs themselves and the nostalgia that comes with listening to their music. 16 really feels so long ago. There really are so few artists that really connect to a person the way they did during that era, especially with today's collection of over-produced, synth-heavy dance-rock clones.

4 comments:

christina d said...

adam lazzarra ! i still love taking back sunday so much. it never gets old...

and oh oh oh, let's not forget underoath?

jav said...

The music is timeless.
To be honest, I can't listen to Underoath's "when the sun sleeps" or the entire "they're only chasing safety" album without being overwhelmed.

andru said...

i could listen to taking back sunday and saves the day for the rest of my life!

Joanna Gatti said...

Awwww I remember being 16, being happy, forever young. I think this weather is perfect for thinking about the past. i wrote a blog and posted a few old pics.....hint hint....you're in 2 of them <3 j'taime xoxoxoxox