Sunday, November 23, 2008

Age of the Understatement

Another 6 a.m. where I should be sleeping, or at the very least attempting to, but instead find myself doing much less productive things. For example, I just finished rewatching the first few episodes of True Blood. After all, with all this Twilight nonsense, I need something to restore vampires to their original splendor for me.

Cheeseburgers at 3 a.m. may seem like a great idea, but only provide severe tummy aches for this charming insomniac.

Tomorrow involves watching Montreal win the Grey Cup at Adam's. I admit, I'm not a huge CFL fan, especially given the long list of silly rules they implement! I'd much rather watch some good ol' fashioned NFL, but there's a certain pride you've got to have in your home-team. Usually, that pride goes towards the Habs...but let's face it, these last few games have been utter garbage. So, we roll with the punches!

My bed smells like candy and for the life of me, I can't explain why. Not complaining, however.

I can't get enough of the Last Shadow Puppets. I mean, at first I thought their debut album was a fair listen, but nothing special. It's growing on me quite a bit and I haven't been able to stop listening to it at all. That modernized throw-back to 60's rock is exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting to hear for some time now.



They also did this impressive cover of the Beatles' I Want You (She's So Heavy) which, admittedly, is my favorite Beatles track in the first place. A pleasant treat for me, so why not share it with you folks, hmm?



Now, I'm going to go for a walk, through the freezing cold, to get a coffee. I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I can only ever drink coffee regularly during the winter. Also strangely enough, I always get quite tempted to pick up smoking again whenever it gets cold. I collect bad habits.

3 comments:

christina d said...

mmmm cheeseburgers.

I. WANT. CHEESEBURGER.

Kristen said...

Your bad habits mean business. I love it. Keep writing because I love reading...haha, wow, that's oddly selfish of me.

jav said...

You and me both, chrissy. Thank god I can't get fat is all I can say.

Kristen: I'm contractually obligated to do everything in extremes. If you love it, I'll keep writing it.